When you buy an iPhone, whether new or used, the first thing to do is to activate the device. Thanks to the efficient setup wizard, the process of setting up an iPhone is not particularly complicated, so with the help of this article, the first start-up of your new device will go smoothly and quickly.
Before we go into the instructions, if your previous device had Android and you would like to transfer contacts then we encourage you to refer to this article: How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?
On the other hand, if your previous device is an iPhone, and you would like to backup your data to restore it later on the new device, you can check out these articles:
How to Activate a New iPhone?
- Firstly, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo shows up to turn on your iPhone.
- After the welcome message, you will be asked to choose your language. Select your language and choose your country or region.
- Insert your iPhone SIM card.
- To activate your device, connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network, a cellular network, or iTunes.
- You may be asked to set up Face ID or Touch ID. If you wish to set it up right now, press Continue and follow the instructions. Otherwise, tap Set Up Later in Settings.
- Set up your passcode to protect your data. Instead of 6-digit passcode, you can also set a 4-digit passcode, custom passcode or no passcode by tapping the Passcode Options text.
- If you have an backup, you can restore or transfer your data from your old device to your iPhone. If you don’t have any backup, press Don’t Transfer Apps & Data.
- Sign in with your Apple ID or press the Forgot password or don’t have an Apple ID? text below if needed. When you sign in with your Apple ID, you might be asked to enter a verification code from your previous device. If you’re unfamiliar with the Apple ID, take a look at this article: What is an Apple ID?
- Press Continute to activate automatic updates. For further updates, we recommend reading our article on how to update an iPhone.
- Here you can set up Siri by pressing Continue, or you can skip it for now and press Set Up Later in Settings.
- Now you can set up Screen Time which shows you how much time you spend on your device. You also will be able to set time limits for daily app use. If you don’t want to set it up right now, press Set Up Later in Settings.
- Tap Get Started to finish the process of activating your iPhone
Visit our Social Media: