There are many reasons to back up your data and move it to where it will be safe and easy to restore. Sudden and unexpected data loss can be very disruptive – some data may be difficult or even impossible to recover. Likewise, changing to a new device does not have to be associated with the fear of data loss. To prevent this, we encourage you to use iCloud and enable the backup function. Additionally, backup can always be done manually whenever you want. See how to do it. Let’s get started!
This article will help you enable the backup option on your iPhone. We have prepared some simple following tutorials for you to help you:
How to enable automatic backup data to iCloud?
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap your profile.
- Next, press the iCloud settings.
- Scroll down to find iCloud backup and tap it.
- If the iCloud Backup switcher is off, press it to turn the feature on.
- Now your iPhone will automatically backup the data to iCloud but only if the phone is locked and connected to power and Wi-Fi.
How to manually backup data to iCloud?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap iCloud.
- Move down, find and choose iCloud backup.
- In order to manually backup the data, press the Back Up Now button on the same page.
- Your iPhone will start the backup immediately.
How to backup data to iTunes?
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- On the iPhone, if you get a message asking whether you trust the computer, press Trust.
- Enter your device passcode.
- On the computer, if you get a pop up message asking to allow the computer to access information, press Continue.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- On the upper right side of the iTunes, click the mobile icon.
- In the Backup options, select This computer as the backup storage location.
- Additionally, it is recommended to activate the encryption option – if you want your data to be encrypted, select Encrypt iPhone backup. Be sure to remember the password if you enable this option!
- And now click the Back Up Now button to backup your data.
- Your data is backing up. This process may take a while depending on the amount of data that needs to be transferred.
Visit our Social Media: