Subscriptions are one of the modern payment methods, meaning that you pay a certain amount of money every certain time (usually monthly). This type of payment has become prevalent over the last few years, and it’s not hard to find apps that offer a subscription model. Apps such as YouTube, Apple Music, Tidal, Netflix, Hulu, Washington Post, and a whole lot more offer monthly subscriptions. Among the vast number of such apps, it’s easy to lose track and forget about active subscriptions, which will remind you in an unpleasant way when you notice the charge for the next month’s service. So how can you check your subscription list on your Apple device? If you are asking yourself this question and would like to cancel unnecessary subscriptions, this article comes to your aid.
This article demonstrates how to cancel subscriptions on the following Apple devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. We have also included instructions on how to cancel subscriptions on devices that are running older versions than iOS 13. If you are uncertain what version your device is using, we encourage you to check out this article to help you find out.
How to cancel a subscription on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch?
- Go to the Settings app.
- Click on your profile (your account name) at the top of the settings.
- Press the Subscriptions option.
- Here you’ve got the list of all active and expired subscriptions. Tap the subscription you want to cancel.
- Now press the Cancel Subscription or Cancel Trial button and confirm it.
- Your subscription is now cancelled and it will not be renewed.
How to cancel a subscription on a pre-iOS 13 version?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your profile (your account name) at the top of the settings.
- In the Apple ID screen, choose iTunes & App Store in the menu.
- Press the Apple ID with your associated e-mail at the top of the screen.
- The Apple ID box will be displayed in the center of your screen. Next, choose the View Apple ID button.
- Now you will see the account settings screen. Move down to find the Subscriptions option and then tap it.
- You will see the list of all subscriptions. Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Press the Cancel button to cancel the subscription and confirm it.
- You have cancelled the subscription and it will not be renewed until you resubscribe.
How to cancel a subscription on Mac?
- Open the App Store app from your applications window.
- If you’re not logged in, use the sign-in button. Otherwise, click on your profile in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Press the View information in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to find the Manage section.
- In that section, there will be Subscriptions information with the number of all subscriptions. Click on the Manage text located on the right side.
- Now you are in the Subscriptions page. Choose the subscription you wish to cancel by pressing the Edit text on the right side of the app subscription.
- Here you can manage your subscription. If you want to cancel it, press the Cancel Subscription button located below all the subscription options and confirm it.
- You have cancelled the subscription. However, the subscription may still be listed as active until the current billing cycle ends.
How to cancel a subscription on Apple Watch?
- Open the App Store app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll to find Account and tap it.
- Go to the Subscriptions.
- Choose the subscription you want to cancel.
- Press the Cancel Subscription button and confirm it.
- The subscription is now cancelled.
How to cancel a subscription on Apple TV?
On Apple TV, you can only manage subscriptions for tvOS apps installed on Apple TV. In the case of the 3rd generation and earlier, you need to use a device with iOS or Mac to manage subscriptions.
- Go to the Settings.
- Choose Users & Accounts and select your account.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Choose the subscription you want to cancel.
- Press the Cancel Subscription.
- You have cancelled the subscription on Apple TV.
Why is my subscription still active even though I cancelled it?
Most subscriptions are renewed automatically until you cancel them manually. Once you cancel a subscription, it may still remain active until the next payment due date. This also means that you will be able to use the app until the end of the paid period. The exception to this may be free trials, whose cancellation usually means immediate loss of access to your subscription. It is also recommended to cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before the next payment deadline or the end of the free trial if you don’t want to make sure that you will not be billed for the next month.
Visit our Social Media: