AirPods are wireless earbuds designed by Apple Inc. As of this moment, the headphones have already reached their third generation. They were first introduced in 2016 alongside the iPhone 7, and since then they have remained one of the most popular headphones available in the market. If you own AirPods and would like to start using them by pairing them with your iPhone, we will show you how to properly do that.
There are two ways to pair the AirPods with your iPhone. One is almost entirely automatic and simple – the AirPods can automatically connect to your iPhone. On the other hand, if for some reason you’re facing problems pairing the two devices automatically, we have also prepared a second method that will show you how to manually pair AirPods with your iPhone by using Bluetooth.
How to connect AirPods to your iPhone automatically?
- Bring your AirPods next to your iPhone and open the case.
- Press and hold the button located on the back of the AirPods case to reset your AirPods.
- A small window should pop up on your iPhone displaying your AirPods. Press the Connect button.
- The status light on the AirPods case should change from blinking to solid color. After the change of the status, your AirPods are connected to your iPhone.
- Tap the Done button on your iPhone.
- Your AirPods should be also visible in the Find My app if it’s enabled.
How to connect AirPods to your iPhone manually via Bluetooth?
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Bluetooth settings.
- Switch on Bluetooth on your device.
- Your iPhone is now searching for devices to connect. Now you need to open the AirPods case close to your iPhone.
- A window will pop up with the information that your AirPods are not connected. Tap Connect.
- Now press and hold the button located on the back of the AirPods case.
- After a short while, your AirPods should be connected with your iPhone. Now you can press the Done button and enjoy your AirPods.
How to switch audio to AirPods on your iPhone?
- First and foremost, make sure that the AirPods case is opened.
- To select the device from which you want to listen, open Control Center on your iPhone.
- Then, press and hold the audio card located in the upper right corner of the Control Center.
- After that, tap the blue AirPlay in the upper right corner of the panel.
- Choose your AirPods from the list of devices by pressing the circle on its right side.
- Now you’re using AirPods as the output device on your iPhone.
Visit our Social Media: