If you encounter the “iPhone/iPad is Disabled. Connect to iTunes” error, it means that someone has probably entered the wrong password too many times on that device. iPhones and iPads lock up when you enter the wrong password 10 times in a row. Interestingly, typing the same wrong password does not count the number of attempts. In other words, you can type the same wrong password over a dozen times, but the device will count it as a single attempt. To unlock the device, you will need to connect it to a computer and use iTunes, as the device itself informs us. For more detailed information on what steps to take to unlock your iPhone or iPad, keep reading this article.
How to Fix “iPhone/iPad is Disabled. Connect to iTunes” Error?
- Plug in your device to your computer by using the USB charging cable.
- Enter the Recovery Mode on your device. You can click here to redirect yourself to the article about entering the recovery more.
- Open the Finder window if you’re on a MAC, or iTunes if you’re running Windows.
- In the Finder window, click on your device’s name; in iTunes, click on the device icon.
- Now you should see a message about your device encountering a problem. Click on the Restore button and confirm your choice.
- Wait for your computer to finish the process of restoring your device. Do not disconnect your device from the computer until the process is done.
- Once the process of restoring is done, your iPhone/iPad should restart. You will need to go through the initial setup. If you have had backup enabled, you will need to restore the backup to recover your data.
Here are some of the articles that might be helpful for you after fixing the issue:
How to Activate a New iPhone?
How to Backup iPhone to iCloud?
Visit our Social Media