If your iPad can’t be unlocked, the following article will guide you on what to do to unlock it. The reasons by which your iPad may be locked are several. The most common reason for a locked iPad is entering the wrong password too many times. To regain access to your iPad, you will need to go to the recovery mode and then restore your device to factory settings. Unfortunately, this process loses all stored data on the iPad. If you have a backup of your data, you will be able to restore it after erasing your iPad.
How to Unlock Your iPad?
- On your computer, open iTunes.
- Plug in your iPad to your computer.
- Enter the recovery mode on your iPad.
- If your iPad has the Home button – press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time. Release them once you see the recovery mode screen.
- If your iPad does not have the Home button – quickly press the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and then press and hold the Power button until the recovery mode is displayed on your iPad.
- On your computer, you will see the option to restore your iPad. Press the Restore button.
- Your computer will be now restoring your iPad. Wait for the process to finish.
- When the iPad is restored, you can disconnect it from your computer and set it up.
Visit our Social Media