If you’ve become in possession of AirPods Max and want to learn how to use these headphones and how to connect them to your device, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we describe the process of pairing the AirPods Max with a device running iOS or iPadOS. In addition, you will learn how to get the most out of your AirPods Max – we have put together a list of useful shortcuts, so you can answer incoming calls, for example.
How to Set Up AirPods Max?
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the home screen.
- Take your AirPods Max out of the Smart Case. Within 60 seconds, hold them next to the device that you want to pair with your AirPods Max.
- A setup animation should pop up on the device. Otherwise:
- Make sure that the system on your device is up to date
- Set up your AirPods Max manually via Bluetooth. The process of setting up manually is similar to AirPods, so you can refer to this following article: How to Connect AirPods to iPhone?
- Press the Connect button to pair AirPods Max with your device.
How to use AirPods Max?
- While playing the audio on your device, if you put your AirPods Max on your head, your AirPods Max play the audio from your device automatically. If you take off your AirPods Max from your head, audio pauses. Within 15 seconds, if you put them back on again, the audio resumes automatically. Lift one earphone off of your head to pause the audio.
- Ear cushions are makes with L for left ear and R for right ear.
- Keep your AirPods Max in the Smart Case to preserve battery charge.
- You can use a Lightning to 3.5 mm Audio Cable to use your AirPods Max in wired mode.
- To adjust the volume, turn up the volume using the Digital Crown and/or on your device.
- Press the noise control button to switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode.
- In order to play and pause the audio, press the Digital Crown once.
- To skip forward, press the Digital Crown twice.
- Press the Digital Crown three times to skip back.
- If you receive a phone call, press the Digital Crown once to answer or end a call.
- Press the Digital Crown twice to reject the incoming call.
- If you receive a second call, press the Digital Crown once to answer the second call and put the first call on hold.
- When two calls are active, press the Digital Crown twice to end the current call and go back to another call.
- If you receive a second call, press and hold the Digital Crown to reject it.
- Press the Digital Crown twice to stop listening the call through your AirPods Max and send it to your phone.
Visit our Social Media