Unfortunately, apps can occasionally crash, turn off on their own, or freeze. Sometimes in such cases it is difficult to simply reopen the application to make it function normally. It is then a good idea to go to App Switcher and turn off the app. Similarly, if your iPhone is slower than usual, it may be due to the number of apps running in the background. So if you’d like to find out how to get a list of all the apps that are opened in the background and how to disable them all, we recommend you to read this article.
In this article, we will discuss two ways to close apps running in the background. Both ways are very simple, but one is for iPhone models that have a home button and the other for those that don’t.
iPhones without home buttons are the newest models. Here’s a list of all the iPhones that don’t have it:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
All other iPhone models have home screen button.
How to close apps on iPhone with no home button?
- On the home screen, swipe up from the very bottom of the screen and pause for a moment while still pressing on the screen.
- Then, let go when the App Switcher shows up.
- Next, swipe right or left to go through all apps that are running in the background.
- Finally, swipe up on the app to close it.
How to close apps on iPhone with home button?
- Firstly, press the Home Button twice to show all apps opened in the background.
- You can swipe right or left to choose specific app that you want to close.
- Now you can swipe up on the app to close it.
Visit our Social Media