Family Sharing allows you to share access to various apps and services. In addition to standard Apple apps, with Family Sharing you can share iTunes, an iCloud storage plan, apps you’ve purchased from the App Store, and more. Furthermore, as a parent, you can control and restrict access to selected apps on your children’s devices. Family Sharing also allows you to check your location, so you can always see where your kids are or where they’ve lost their iPhone. Family Sharing is full of interesting and helpful options. Therefore, if you would like to take advantage of this feature from Apple, continue reading this article.
What does Family Sharing include?
- Sharing of apps, games, subscriptions
- Shared photo album and calendar
- Tracking the location of family members
- Finding family devices
- Requiring parents confirmation of purchases on iTunes, App Store, and Apple Books
- Setting up Screen Time, Downtime, App Limits
- Restriction of Content
How to enable Family Sharing?
- Open the Settings app.
- Press on your name at the top.
- Scroll down and choose Set Up Family Sharing.
- Press Get Started.
- Pick the first app that you want to share with your family.
- Now you need to confirm your account. Tap Continue or Use a Different Account if you don’t want to use your current one.
- Then, you have to choose the method of payment. If you wish to keep the current method of payment, press the Continue button. Otherwise, tap Use Different Payment.
- And now you can invite family members to join the family and start sharing.
- Verify that you’re the family organizor by entering the verification code that will be sent to you by a text message.
- And after that, you should be in the Family Sharing menu. From here, you can add other family members by tapping Add Family Member…
- You can send an invitation via iMessage, in person, or you can create a Child Account.
- If you have chosen to send an invite via iMessage, enter the verification code and send the message to the person of your choice.
- When the message is sent, the invited person can now go to his/her messages and accept the invitation. Then, the invited family member can simply accept it by pressing the Join Family button. The invited members can also decide whether to share their purchases.
- On your iPhone, now you can click on the member to modify the role. If the member is a parent or a guardian, you can tap on the Parent/Guardian switcher to give additional permissions.
- On the other hand, you can create an account for your children if they’re under 13 years old. While adding the family member, choose Create a Child Account.
- After reading the information, press Next in the top right corner.
- Then, set the birthday of your child and press Next.
- Next up is Parent Privacy Disclosure. Read it and press Agree.
- Enter the verification code and set the child’s name. Continue by pressing Next.
- Set the password, choose the security questions, and go next.
- If you want your child to need permission to buy, switch on Ask to Buy. After that, go Next.
- Agree to all Terms and Conditions.
- If you wish to, you can set Screen Time by pressing Continue. If not, press Not Now.
Visit our Social Media