The iPhone has many useful features, and one of them is the ability to scan. If you happen to be in situations where you need to scan a document immediately and you don’t have access to a scanner, your iPhone will easily do the scanning. Then, you can forward the document as a .pdf file. If signing and scanning documents seemed impossible for you until now, it’s time to change that. In this article, we cover how to scan with iPhone step by step and how to share such scans.
Below you will learn how to properly scan with your iPhone. Our article does not show you how to take a regular photo with your camera and crop it. We will use the Notes app, which has a scanning feature, to create a scan.
How to Scan Documents with an iPhone and send them?
- First and foremost, make sure that your document is on a flat surface.
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone.
- Create a new note by tapping the note icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In this new note, press the camera icon above the keyboard.
- Choose Scan Documents on the list of options.
- Take a scan of your document by lining the yellow rectangle with your page.
- Tap the shutter button to capture the document.
- Now you can see the preview of the scan. Here, you can adjust the edges of the scan to capture the entire document by dragging the circles.
- If your scan is not of satisfactory quality, you can press the Retake button in the bottom left corner to rescan the page. Otherwise, press the Keep Scan button.
- After that, the app will inform you that it’s ready for the next scan. If your document has more pages to scan, capture next pages.
- Once you have scanned the entire document, press Save.
- Your document is now created as a .pdf file and is added in the note.
- Now tap the Done button in the upper right corner.
- If you need to send this scan to someone now, press on the scan to open it.
- Then, tap the share icon in the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will appear where you can choose which application you want to send your scan through.
- And that’s it! Congratulations, you have learned how to scan documents with your iPhone!
Visit our Social Media: