Have you ever wondered whether it is possible to share your calendar with someone? This feature would be great, for instance, when you’re working in a team with someone. If you have plans with other people, you can share your iPhone calendar with them to make sure that your calendars are synchronized. What’s the best about sharing the calendar from your iPhone is that others are not even required to have an Apple device to get access to the shared calendar. All you need to be part of the shared calendar is the iCloud account. The iCloud account is free, and it allows seeing the shared calendar online. Now, let’s find out what to do to share the iPhone calendar.
There are several notes that should be considered when sharing the iPhone calendar:
- Anyone can be invited to use the shared calendar as long as the person has the iCloud account.
- The ability to edit the shared calendar is enabled by all users by default. To restrict the access to editing the calendar, scroll down this article to find the “How to disallow editing of the shared iPhone calendar?” section.
How to Share the Calendar with Someone on iPhone?
- Firstly, open the Calendar app.
- At the bottom of the screen, press the Calendars text.
- Now you should see multiple calendar options. Under the iCloud category, you will notice all the types of calendars, such as Home or Work. Tap the type of calendar you wish to share.
- Click on the Add Person text.
- Enter the email address of the person that you would like to share your calendar with.
- Press the Add text in the top right corner to confirm the email address.
- You’re now back in the Edit Calendar screen. Under the Shared With section, you will see the person’s name. Also, there will be an information that the invitation is pending until the person accepts the invite. After that, the text should change to accepted.
How to disallow editing of the shared iPhone calendar?
- In the Calendar app, press the Calendars text at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the type of calendar that is already shared.
- Under the Shared With section, find the user that has access to the shared calendar and press the View & Edit text next to the user’s name.
- Toggle off the Allow Editing option.
Visit our Social Media