If you own an iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 or iPhone 13, you should know how to restart your device. Even more so if you previously owned an older iPhone model. Apple has made changes to the way you turn off your iPhone since the X model. Read how to power off your iPhone, how to restart it and what you need to do to force restart your iPhone.
This article is written for iPhone X and later (except iPhone SE 2020), namely: iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max.
How to Power Off iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13?
- Press and hold one of the volume buttons and the side button at the same time.
- Release these buttons when the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to the other side to power off your iPhone. It will take approximately 30 seconds to turn off.
How to Restart iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13?
- Repeat the steps mentioned in the instructions above about powering off to turn off your iPhone.
- When turned off, press and hold the side button to turn it back on.
- Release the button once the Apple logo will be displayed on the iPhone.
- Your iPhone is turning on.
How to Force Restart iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13?
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and finally press and hold the side button.
- Do NOT release the button when the power off slider shows up – keep holding the side button.
- The screen will turn black – keep holding the side button.
- Release the side button when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Your iPhone is now restarting.
Visit our Social Media