If you are forgetful and can’t remember the passcode to your iPhone, it’s quite a challenge to unlock it. In that case, you need to find a way to bypass this security to use your iPhone again. Fortunately, there is one method to regain access to your device, although it is quite radical. To unlock your iPhone, a reset to factory settings is required. The following guide will show you how to unlock your phone after forgetting the passcode.
Restoring iPhone to factory settings will erase all data such as music, videos, images and personal iPhone settings. You will be required to reconfigure your device and install the apps that you previously installed. You will also need a computer to connect your iPhone to.
How to Bypass Passcode on iPhone?
- Plug in your iPhone to your computer.
- On your computer, open iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone icon located in the upper right side of the app.
- Press the Restore iPhone button.
- If you wish to backup the settings from your iPhone, click Backup. Otherwise, choose Don’t Back Up.
- Click on Restore.
- Now your computer is downloading the latest version of the iOS. This may take a while due to the size of the download.
- Next, you need to enter the Recovery mode on your iPhone. In order to do that, press the volume up button, then the volume down button, and finally press and hold the power button until your iPhone turns off and turns back on again. Release the power button after the Recovery Mode pops up. The iPhone’s Recovery mode will be also shown on the computer.
- Back on the computer, press the Restore iPhone button.
- And click on the Restore and Update button. The files are now extracting on the iPhone.
- When the process is finished after a couple of minutes, you will be able to set up your iPhone.
Visit our Social Media: