Would you like to use the facial recognition on your iPhone when wearing a mask? Are you looking for a better method than providing a passcode every time you want to unlock your device? If you are curious about how to trick the Face ID unlocking, then here are a handful of tips for you. Set up the Alternative Appearance option to add the two additional Face ID scans with your mask. Find out a way to enable Face ID on your iPhone and then adjust it conveniently.
How to enable Face ID on iPhone?
- In the first step, launch the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Enter the Face ID & Passcode tab in the Accessibility Settings.
- Then, insert the passcode to confirm identity.
- Enable iPhone Unlock. Optionally toggle other desired options.
How to unlock iPhone wearing a mask?
- To begin with, the facial recognition, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Open Face ID & Passcode tab.
- Then, insert the passcode to confirm your identity.
- Tap on the Set Up Alternative Appearance option.
- To start the first facial scanning, put on the mask on the right part of your mouth. Try to cover half of your face with the nose tip exposed.
- Rotate your head slowly and wait a little bit until the entire circle appears green.
- Confirm by clicking the Continue button.
- To start the second Face ID scan, take off a mask and cover the left part of your face.
- Wait a little bit for the processing until the second scan is accomplished.
- Great! Now you should be able to use Face ID and unlock your iPhone when wearing a mask.
How to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch?
There is another way to unlock iPhone when wearing a mask. As long as your Apple Watch is unlocked, your iPhone is as well. What’s important make sure your iPhone is running on iOS 14.5, and your Apple Watch needs to be on WatchOS 7.4. To begin with, enable Wrist Detection in the settings panel on Apple Watch. Below is the instruction to activate the unlock with Apple Watch.
- First of all, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Choose Face ID & Passcode tab.
- Then, enable Unlock with the Apple Watch option.
Visit our Social Media: