QR codes are special barcodes that store information that is read by machines. Typically, these types of codes contain links that lead to a specific website or application. Today, we can find them in many places, even on beverage bottles. Of course, our iPhones are capable of detecting and reading such a code. If you would like to scan a QR code with your iPhone 14 then you have come to the right place. Here’s what you need to do to open such a code:
There are two ways to scan QR codes. The first method allows you to quickly activate the specific QR code camera mode. However, you might need to enter the proper settings to activate this shortcut to make it visible in the Control Center. The second method is that after activating a certain feature, the camera automatically detects the QR code without activating the mentioned QR code mode. This is especially convenient when we want our iPhone 14 to quickly detect QR codes on its own and suggest to open them.
How to Scan QR Codes via Control Center?
- Open the Control Center by swiping down from the upper right corner of the screen.
- Locate and tap the QR code icon. If you don’t have this icon in the Control Center, move on to the guide below.
- The QR code camera will open for you. Hover your iPhone 14 over the code for the smartphone to read it. When it does, your iPhone will go to the corresponding page read from the QR code.
How to Get the QR Code Scanner in the Control Center?
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to find the Control Center settings and enter them.
- In the More Controls list, find the Code Scanner feature and tap the green add button to add it to the Control Center.
- And now you should be able to see the QR Code scanner in the Control Center.
How to Enable the Automatic QR Code Detection in the Camera?
- Firstly, go to the Settings.
- Scroll down until you find the Camera app settings and enter them.
- Then, switch on the Scan QR Codes option.
- Now you can open the Camera and try to scan the QR code.
- When the camera detects the code, a yellow button will appear on the screen. Press the button to open the QR code.
Visit our Social Media