A widget is an application element that is usually larger than the application icon itself. However, it provides some information from the app, so we can access certain things without having to open it. Widgets are placed in the home screen, making them quickly accessible. The simplest example of a widget is a watch, which (of course) displays the time to us. This way, we don’t have to go into any application to check the current time. Find out how to add a widget to the home screen on your iPhone 14. After reading this article, you will also learn how to remove a widget. Let’s get started!
How to Add a Widget in the Main Screen on iPhone 14?
- In the home screen, press and hold your finger on an empty space to enter the editing mode (all your icons will be shaking).
- In the upper left corner of the screen, there will be the plus button. Tap it to open the list of widgets.
- Now you can scroll through all widgets available on your iPhone 14. When you find the widget that you would like to add to the home screen, press and hold it and then move it outside the window. The list will disappear once you start moving. Place the widget in your designated place.
- If you misplaced the widget, and you would like to move it somewhere else, you can once again press and hold on the widget and drag it somewhere else.
- If your widget is in the right place, leave the editing mode by pressing the done button in the upper right corner.
How to Remove a Widget from the Main Screen on iPhone 14?
Without the editing mode:
- To remove the widget, press and hold on the widget to unfold a small menu.
- Press the Remove Widget button.
- Confirm by pressing the remove button.
In the editing mode:
- Press and hold on an empty space in the main screen to enter the editing mode.
- In the upper right corner of the widget, you should notice a small circle with a minus symbol in it. Press it to remove the widget.
Visit our Social Media