If you have an Xbox controller and enjoy playing games on your iPhone, you should consider connecting this controller to your device. Plus, you can do it wirelessly! Unfortunately, this is not possible in every case; both our iPhone and the controller must meet certain requirements to be able to connect them together. Learn how to connect an Xbox controller to your iPhone with the help of the tutorial written in this article.
To properly and successfully connect an Xbox controller to your iPhone, you need to make sure they meet a couple of requirements:
- Your Xbox controller must have Bluetooth. The good news is that most controllers have Bluetooth, but it’s worth making sure. If the plastic around the Xbox button is the same color as the rest of the controller color, your controller has Bluetooth built in. Controllers without Bluetooth have this plastic in the color of the bumper buttons (usually black).
- Your iPhone must have system version iOS 13 or later.
How To Connect the Xbox Controller to Your iPhone?
- Press and hold down the Xbox logo button on your controller. Hold the button until it starts flashing. If it glows solidly instead, this means that the controller is already paired to another device. In that case, hold the small button located next to the charging port and release it when the Xbox logo starts flashing.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings.
- On the list of available devices, you should see the “Xbox Wireless Controller” device. Press it and, if necessary, confirm that you want to pair the device.
- Later on, if you would like to disconnect the controller from your iPhone, open the Bluetooth settings again. Then, tap the info icon on the right side of the Xbox controller name and press Disconnect.
Visit our Social Media