You are not sure about your Mac storage? Do you wonder to verify how much space you have left? Today, we are coming to show you how to successfully get access to the information about Mac storage. You will be able to check out if you have enough space to download additional files to your Mac from Apple. There are several ways to verify how much storage is already in use and which is free. So stay with us and discover how to see the free disk space of your Mac device.
Below we present a few several ways to check the storage on Mac:
- preview Mac storage
- window status bar on Finder
- get Mac hard drive info
- about this Mac
- Mac’s Disk Utility app
Preview Mac storage
- Firstly, locate and pick the storage device on the Mac desktop. Or if the storage device is not on the desktop, get access to the Finder window, and have a look in the column located on the left side, under the Devices heading, and pick the storage device.
- Nextly, click the spacebar. Now, you should see the opened window, that shows the capacity of the storage device and the available space.
- Perfect! Now, you can just close the window by pressing the spacebar or Command-W or simply tap on the close-window icon located on the upper left, marked as an X in the circle.
Window status bar on Finder
This option allows you to monitor your disk space all the time from the Finder.
- Just open the Finder window, if you don’t have it press the Finder Dock icon, or go to File and select New Finder Window.
- Now, open the View menu and pick the Show status bar. This way you will know how many items are in the folder you are using, and if you browse a folder on the disk you will also get a read of free disk space.
Get Mac hard drive info
- Simply go to the Go, and the Computer, then just pick the hard drive icon under Devices.
- Nextly, select the File menu and simply choose to Get Info, or just press Comand-I on the Mac keyboard.
The Info window will give you information about capacity, available on the Mac space, and used Mac space, and much other info.
About this Mac
- Just, go to the Apple menu, and choose About This Mac.
- Then, choose the Storage tab from the toolbar and see how much free hard drive space you have. (On OS X Mountain Lion or Mavericks, select button More info and click Storage).
As a result, you will also get an overview of files that take up disk space to a large extent.
Mac’s Disk Utility app
The Disk Utility app on your Mac computer allows you to view the free disk space.
- First, open Spotlight by pressing the magnifying glass located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now type Disk Utility in the search box.
- When the system searches for Disk Utility, confirm by pressing Enter.
Disk Utility can also be located via Applications> Utilities.
- When Disk Utility opens, select the name of your hard disk from the forwarded list where you will be able to see the disk capacity, available and used space, and other information.
Visit our Social Media: