There are several reasons why you may be experiencing problems charging your AirPods. It could be a problem with the charging cable or port, a problem with the case, an outdated firmware, or simple dirt that prevents charging. The AirPods charging problem should be solved as soon as possible to primarily allow recharging to continue using the headphones. Therefore, it’s time to deal with this annoying problem. In this article, we cover all the steps you can take to try and charge your AirPods. Follow them one by one to try to fix your AirPods charging problem. You should carefully repeat the steps below and try charging your Apple AirPods after each one of them to make sure whether the problem is solved.
To begin, let’s make sure that all charging operations are checked. The steps listed below will allow you to verify whether your AirPods are still able to be charged. In case you’re worried that the case is not charging, you can also verify that by going through the instruction below.
How to make sure that my AirPods are charging?
- Charge your AirPods in their case – as trivial as it may sound, it is worth starting with the simplest steps. Put your AirPods in their case and wait to see if the charging light turns on. If the light doesn’t come on, move on to the next steps.
- Check the connections – when you put AirPods in the case, you should feel a magnetic snap. If the AirPods do not want to fit properly in the case, or if it is difficult to close the case, make sure there is nothing inside the case that can block it.
- Clean your AirPods – make sure your AirPods are not dirty. This can prevent you from charging them. After cleaning AirPods, put them back in the case to see if they charge.
- Update the firmware – check if your AirPods are up to date, especially if it’s been a long time since the last update. Run the update and repeat the steps above to see if your AirPods will charge.
If none of the above steps were effective and your AirPods still won’t charge, it’s very possible that the problem is in the case.
What to do if the AirPods case is not charging?
- Charge the AirPods case – make sure your AirPods case is charged. If the case is fully charged, the charging light should be green.
- Check the connections – if you are charging your AirPods wirelessly, the problem may be at the wireless charging base. If your AirPods won’t charge wirelessly, use the charging cable. In case you are using a charging cable, make sure it is fully plugged in. If the headphones still don’t charge, use a different charging cable. It is also possible that the cable is damaged.
- Check the charging status on iPhone – while the AirPods case is connected to the charger, open the case next to your iPhone. After a few seconds the status of your AirPods should appear on your iPhone screen. If there is a lightning bolt icon next to the percentage of the case charged, the case is charging.
- Clean the AirPods case – make sure the case is not dirty, including the charging port. If you are uncomfortable cleaning your case, you can take it to an Apple store where they will help you clean it.
- Reset your AirPods – if none of the methods above were effective, you can reboot your AirPods. There is a possibility that a glitch has gotten into the firmware that prevents it from starting charging. To learn how to reset your AirPods, we suggest you read our following article:
How to Reset AirPods and AirPods Pro?
Visit our Social Media