IPOD SERIAL NUMBER
Take a look at the below and learn how to locate the serial number and IMEI of your iPod. Since now, finding the serial or IMEI number will not be a problem for you. The following instruction is to show you the way to find these numbers for your iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle or iPod touch.
IMPORTANT: Remember that Apple hardware devices serial numbers include number zero 0 (zero), however, they never contain “O” letter.
This version shows how to find the serial number or IMEI in iTunes.
- At the very beginning, connect your iPod to the computer.
- Then, select the left side of the iTunes window under Devices.
- Finally, pick the Summary tab. If you own iPod shuffle 1st or 2nd generation, select the Settings tab.
- Great! Here you’ve got your iPod’s serial number.
This option shows how to find the serial number in the About screen on your APPLE device.
- iPod touch and iPod nano (6th generation or later)
- At first, open the Settings.
- Then, find and select General.
- Choose About.
- Nice! Here you’ve got the wanted number.
- iPod classic and iPod nano (5th generation or earlier)
- At the very beginning, go to Settings.
- Secondly, tap on About.
- Finally, click on the Home icon button until you see the serial number.
- Well done!
This way of locating serial code can be used only when you have your device around. The serial number is engraved either on the back case of the iPod or below the clip. It all depends on the iPod’s model.
- iPod shuffle – the serial code is located on the back of the device, the side with the Apple logo, along the bottom right side.
- iPod shuffle (2nd generation) – you’ll find the serial number on the inside edge of the clip on the back of the device.
- iPod shuffle (3rd generation) – here, the number is engraved on the back of the device under the clip in the area closest to the bottom of the device.
- iPod shuffle (4th generation) and iPod nano (6th generation) – on the clip face that touches the back of the device when the mentioned clip is closed.
- iPod classic, iPod nano, and iPod touch – serial number is engraved on the back case toward the bottom.
Device’s invoice or receipt method
If you still have the original iPod’s invoice or receipt, you can also locate try to locate your device’s serial number there.
- Find the original invoice or receipt.
- Great! You’ve just found your iPod’s serial number which was included on your receipt!
On your iPod packaging
If you have your iPod’s packaging, you are able to find the serial number there as well.
- Take out your product’s original packaging.
- Find the serial number located on the barcode.
- Good job!